Saturday, August 30

Pancake Mini-Doughnuts with Maple Glaze


I love pancakes. I find them to be just so satisfying and filling. My only issue is I usually have a craving for them, when I do not have time for a huge morning breakfast. I wanted to find a way to fix that, so I experimented with a few things and came up with this pancake mix+doughnut pan=pancake doughnut! The perfect bite size version of a pancake, easy to make, easy to eat, and easy to take with you.

Full time 40 (includes baking multiple batches and cooling time)
Makes 3 dozen doughnuts

The needs-

2 eggs
1 1/2 cup pancake mix
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp maple sugar (or plain sugar)
1 1/4 tbsp butter, melted

1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice

For Glaze:
1 cup confectionery sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup maple syrup

The know-

Preheat oven to 375' and lightly coat a mini-doughnut pan with cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients, mixing until well combined and even in texture.

Move batter into a pastry bag and fill wells 1/2 way. If you do not have a pastry bag, you can use a zip top bag.


Bake in oven 5-6 minutes or until even in color.


Allow to rest in pan 3-4 minutes.

Flip doughnuts out onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely before glazing.


To prepare glaze whisk together melted butter and maple syrup until well blended.


Whisk in confectionery sugar until smooth and even in texture.


Did doughnuts into glaze and try to cover evenly.


Let glaze rest for at least 30 minutes before serving.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sending me your comment. I will post it once I ensure no foul or offensive language has been included.