Friday, May 23

MAKE IT: Marshmallow Cream (fluff)


Fluff is as tape baking ingredient in several recipes I use often. And although I always have a jar of fluff in my house for sandwiches, I actually always make homemade for baking. I found this recipe on another baking site and I am now sharing it with you. You can easily use this for sandwiches as well just store in your refrigerator and give a stir before using, it stays good for a week or can be frozen for longer.

Full time 20 minutes
Makes 7oz or 2 cups

You will need:

1 egg white at room temperature
3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
3/4 cup light corn syrup
2 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt

Let us begin:

In a large bowl combine egg white, corn syrup, and salt. 

Using a mixer, mix on high for 5-8 minutes or until the mixture becomes thickened and doubles in size.


Add in powdered sugar and mix at low speed until combined.

Add in vanilla extract and mix at low speed until blended.

Mixture should be stiff enough to hold on to a spatula, but still loose and spreadable.

Move mixture into a seal-able container and store. Cheers!