Sunday, December 15

CHRISTMAS COOKIES: Easy Lemon Cookies


A few years ago I was in a cookie swap and I I found the perfect lemon cookie recipe for my holiday tray. This great taste is achieved by starting with cake mix. Since then this has been my favorite lemon cookie recipe!

Full time: 1 1/2 hours (includes baking multiple batches and cooking)
Makes approximately 48 cookies

You will need:

2 eggs
1 box lemon cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp lemon extract

Topping: 1/3 cup powdered sugar

Let us begin:

Preheat oven to 350'.

In a large bowl combine all ingredients, stirring until well blended.

Place powdered sugar on a rimmed plate. 

Scoop out 1 1/2 tsp size pieces of dough and roll them.

Roll dough balls around in powdered sugar and place on baking sheet.


Bake in oven for 6-9 minutes or until bottoms begin to golden.

Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes.

Move to cutting board or wire rack to finish cooling, enjoy!