Wednesday, July 4

PRODUCT REVIEW: Fresh Sides Potatoes

Product Review: I want to start by saying this is not a paid advertisement, I speak for myself only, no companies have given me anything for this review. My opinions are completely my own.

"Fresh Sides Potatoes" Overview: not a fan, don't like them and not worth it.

I don't normally try gimmicky food items, but I saw these in the produce section one day. I know and enjoy the potat-o product, which it individually wrapped baking potatoes for your microwave. I figured why not gives these a try for the family. I will be honest, didn't like them a bit.

They come in 3 types: yellow, white, and sweet. Which is convenient. They are portioned for a family of 4, also convenient but that is where it ends.

The package calls for 8 minutes, which is a gross under estimation. The sweet potatoes cooked for 15 and still felt stiff in the middle. The white cooked for 12 and didn't mash at all, had to put half mashed back in for another 5 minutes.

Having to constantly check and double check the potatoes defeats the purpose of the whole thing.
I will admit, the lure of fresh potatoes is great, but the microwave frozen whole potatoes work better and are so much more dependable. Not to mention they come in several types, whole, sliced, even pre-mashed.

I'm not really sure, if these are a newer product or if maybe they will edit the packaging to make them actually call for the right cooking times. I would recommend sticking with fresh potatoes or frozen if in a mashed crunch. It will stop a lot of frustration.