Monday, May 7

MAKE IT: Mushroom Cream Sauce

I love to take random ingredients and see what amazing things I can create. One night I was craving Chicken Marsala I didn't have the ingredients, so I decided to see what I could create from the ingredients in my refrigerator. The final product was an amazingly silky cream based sauce.  I suggest seasoning chicken with salt and pepper and baking it in the oven.


Makes 2 cups sauce
Full time: 25-30 minutes
You will need:

1 container sliced mushrooms
1 small onion, diced fine
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup white wine
1/3 cup water
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp ground black pepper

Let us begin:

In a saute pan heat olive oil over medium high heat

Add in onions and saute until translucent, 5-8 minutes
Add in mushrooms and garlic, saute 5 minutes more

Add in white wine and boil, allow to boil for 1 minute

Lower heat to low and reduce liquid by half

Return heat to medium-high and add water, bring back to boil

Stir in sour cream and cook 8-10 minutes or until thick

Stir in seasonings, mix well to evenly incorporate

Spoon over chicken or beef and enjoy!