Friday, April 20

Sweetie Wheatie Chicken

Alright, this is admittedly my favorite thing in the world to eat. Seriously, I ask my mother to make it ever year for my birthday. This year the kids really enjoyed it, so I decided to add it to our fun occasional meals.

According to my mother, the story of this meal was nothing more than a fluke. Apparently one night while making dinner she reached for bread crumbs but didn't have any so she improvised and grabbed Wheaties cereal. A few years later she was making it for me and was out of condensed milk, so improvisation lead to the honey.

I love this so much and she rolls her eyes  every year when I ask for it for my birthday. I hope you enjoy as much as I do!

Serves 4-6
Full time: 45-60 minutes
You will need:

2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into larger pieces
3 cups Wheaties cereal
1 1/2 cup honey

Let us begin:

Preheat oven to 350

Cover a baking tray with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray


Pour cereal into a bowl


Gently crush down to break pieces slightly but not pulverize them


In a large zip-bag or flat bottom bowl, pour honey


Add in chicken and coat heavily



Using tongs, remove chicken from honey and put into cereal


Roll chicken around to coat and move to the cooking tray


Once all chicken is coated, bake in oven for 35-50 minutes or until chicken had an internal temp of 180

Before

After

Allow to stand for approx 2 minutes

Carefully remove from tray to a plate and serve!