Wednesday, February 2

Winter Weather Wonders

Some days in the winter I have the feeling of being couped up or even get a little restless. The constant cold, biting ice, and heavy snow falls tends to drive me inside on bad weather days. I have also often begun to feel a little bit in a food rut. Not being able to get a complete selection of fresh, crisp produce is hard when you love to cook. Using dry herbs in the winter is a great supplement to the fresh, but I would be lying if I said that winter was my favorite cooking time of years.

What I do love to do in the winter is bake and bake often. The house heats up to the smell of fresh hot breads, muffins, cookies, and cakes. The endless snow storms melt away behind the kneading of dough. It makes me feel alive. To produce homemade breads is sometimes a long process, which is perfect for those stuck indoors days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sending me your comment. I will post it once I ensure no foul or offensive language has been included.