Sunday, January 23

Cooking with Friends

People often ask me how I become such a good cook. My answer often varies based on a few variables in life. But the one thing that always is the key: cooking and teaching go hand in hand. If you really love to cook and really want to become better, teach someone. Seriously, teaching someone your favorite recipe, how to use a kitchen gadget, or a new technique helps improve your own skills.

I have spent many a nights, helping friends learn a  new thing or two in the kitchen. Afterwards, I always feel that it has helped me greatly.

I offer you this advice though: Start with a simple but multi step recipe. Maybe one with a separate sauce, or a paired side dish. This way you can work in a team on multiple things and neither of you will stand there watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sending me your comment. I will post it once I ensure no foul or offensive language has been included.